Tuesday 31 December 2013

Today is the first first blank page of a 365 day book....well not so blank anymore!

Darren and I see 2014 in in a quiet way. Dinner and a movie (secret life of Walter Mitty) before going to bed around 10.30pm. With none of our teenage boys home for New Years, it was quiet in the house, and I was fairly tired anyway. It was rest day from training, but I still love my sleep. I heard midnight come and go, and I think our neighbourhood celebrated for hours; crackers and fireworks were non stop. Morning finally arrived and I got up. It was just after 6.30; weather was awful. Drizzle, wind, but still mild. Training today! NO excuses!!!
Darren has to go to work, unfortunately, and I look at our itinerary seeing a hole or 2 where we MIGHT be able to fit in another run or 2. A few emails later (must ensure there are finishers medals) and we are now registered to complete the Wangaratta half marathon in February, Port Augusta half marathon in June AND the most exciting one (it's on my birthday AND we get to catch up with our longtime friends) Port Macquarie in March! Flights booked, just need to sort out accommodation for Port Augusta, as Wangaratta and port Macquarie is already sorted! 

Darren gets home from work and he is not up,for a run. I look out at the weather, but it doesn't quite deter me. I ❤️ To run in the rain!! I set out with my training plan ready to guide me.

Before long, I am cooling down, and enjoying the light drizzle. The wind was horrendous; I was almost going backwards at one stage! But I did it, and it wasn't too bad at all! Training is what makes those events so enjoyable!

Personally, I am trying to complete a half marathon in under 2 hours this year! I know I have a lot of training to get under my belt, and I must continue to eat well, and hydrate. I love my BCAA products after a run, no soreness ever again!

Darren however, is a machine! He can just run and run, lots of training or little training, he can just go and go! I really think he could do a half marathon in 2 hours, watch this space!
Happy new year, thanks for sharing our journey xx




No comments:

Post a Comment