Monday 30 December 2013

Training begins!



So, I walk through the door after work; pumped! Today is day 1 of training. No more excuses! Christmas food, weather, tired...NO more!! I've been looking forward to putting my runners back on all day! Darren is already home and says he just wants half an hour to relax first! Uh-uh!!! No way! We change and head out the door.

The first kilometer is always the hardest. Darren tells me at 500m mark that he is puffed! I remind him that tonight's run is supposed to be slow. It's all about getting some kilometers into our legs; after all, it's only 13 days till our first half marathon. After the first km we settle into a nice slow pace and slowly the km's add up. After 4km's we are back home for water, then straight back out the door again. We finish feeling strong; that amazing feeling that I get when I run is alive again! We have a cool down walk and drink water. No injuries; we are on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment