Sunday 5 January 2014

Race bibs, medals and t-shirts

Over the last couple of weeks, when talking to people about our goal, I've been asked what's my favourite memento. We all know darren loves a medal, so here's my take on it all:



I have collected every single bib from every event I did last year. 


It is quite fulfilling looking at them, remembering each and everyone within their own right. Some bring back memories of struggle, but for the most part, they bring back memories if strength and achievement.


I don't look at my t-shirts or singlets that we are given from the events very often. I tried to run in a t-shirt and definitely will never do that again, it's singlets all the way,


Last years hard earned inspiration


My medals hang just in the door way to my study. I get a real sense of achievement and motivation when I look at them. Looking forward to adding to my collection as we complete each event this year.


Which brings me to today's tasks. I have spent the day filing all of our flights into a folder with pockets, registration confirmation and the accommodation that has been booked. Accommodation is still a work in progress, it's very time consuming booking and registering so many events, TWICE! Anyway, it's almost complete, just waiting on a few registrations to open and we will be planned and booked. I must say, we have paid anywhere between $35-$90 for each event. A massive price difference for different events. Will be interesting to compare them all.


My poor diary planner looks like this:


We are going to rest as much as we can, while training and looking after our bodies. This afternoon we went to Zen, which is an oriental remedial massage business just 5 minutes from our house. The 2 masseuses know us, and expect us every Sunday. Today my ITB felt the best it has in weeks. Darren feels pretty good as well. This week, in the lead up to our first event in Hobart next Sunday, the Cadbury marathon festival, will see us do a few slow runs, and lots of rest. Good food is on the menu and of course my BCAA drinks! I love the taste, and they make the water go pink; my favourite colour! 


Thanks for reading our blog 

Darren and Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment