Tuesday 7 January 2014

The first goodies have arrived!

You know that feeling, when a parcel arrives from the post office. You think what have I ordered? What am I expecting. It's a parcel post pack and I feel the contents inside, trying to figure out what it is. I turn it over and see it is from the Wangaratta marathon and Fun Runs!! Our first goodies have arrived!

I open the parcel and find our t-shirts and our tickets to our pre race dinner! Yay! No race bibs though; I love having my bib and timer the night before. Not to worry though, they will be collected in Wangaratta.



So last night a friend, Carly texted me and asked if we were interested in a fun run on Australia Day. It's 10km AND we get a medal. Needless to say, Darren was in and so yet ANOTHER event is added to our fast filling calendar.

Here is the link for anyone interested:

https://www.registernow.com.au/secure/RegistrationType.aspx?S=0dd6bc7d-8895-4344-8919-885f4570b9e9

Darren hit is jaw today with a 450mm spanner. A broken tooth, 2 stitches and a very sore jaw is the report on him. Me, well I'm well rested after putting myself to bed before 8pm last night! I really wanted us to get a 3-4km run in tonight, but after Darren's visit to the Dr in the last couple of hours, it's just not realistic. There are lots of amazing sites out there with training plans and nutrition information. First and foremost, I like to listen to my body. Sometimes, rest is the best training. A gentle stretch and a big drink bottle of BCAA is tonight's session. Just 5 more sleeps to go now, excitement is building!

No comments:

Post a Comment