Friday 10 January 2014

Off to Hobart we go!!

Last night we were lucky enough to go see Grease the musical. It was sensational! It meant no training, or packing for our trip though, along with an arrival time of midnight to bed. It was around 5 when I got out of bed, showered, and packed, ready for my 5.54am train to work! Just made it with 2 minutes to spare. Darren is back at work after a day off doing some serious damage to his teeth as well as his jaw; the dentist bill alone is $10k!!!

Fridays are REALLY busy, but the best thing is after 5 straight hours it's lunch time, and after drinking only a bottle of water all morning (and a VERY large strong latte!!!!)  I sit and relax for half an hour. I call Darren and we organise our plans for pick up this afternoon. He has already finished work!

ASICS called yesterday to say they would send us some apparel and it arrived today!!!
I love my ASICS runners. I wouldn't run in anything else now. I have several different colours, but that's another story,


Our new gear: love the colours, love the material AND pockets in my tops!! Needless to say my running gear for Sunday has changed!!!!

Just before 4pm Darren calls me to say he is out the front of work. I finish up, clear my desk, and before I know it we are on our way to the airport. We park the car and check in, as we are 2 hours early we are upgraded to the exit aisle! YAY! Darren is excited about the extra leg room.

We fly to Hobart. We check in at our hotel, here is where the bus will collect us from on Sunday morning. Rest and relaxation time. We are excited about being in Hobart. Our journey has well and truelly begun!


No comments:

Post a Comment