Sunday 12 October 2014

21 September Sydney Running. Festival


Hubby and I wake to the 5am alarm. The first words out of his mouth are, "I'm sooooo over these runs". Honestly, between us, I am too, well that was this morning. We head to the station and shortly after, the train arrives. We sit down, deflated. WHY do we keep doing these???!!! My mind is in such a negative state that I am not even sure I am going to run all the way. Heck, I don't even care if I walk some of it anymore. (Insert tutt tutt's here!!!)

We follow the general stream of people as we head down the stairs to the start area. We remove our warm clothes, and check in our bag. Like a click of the fingers, we are keen and eager to start. All negativity has disappeared and we are ready to take this on. I scan the crowd for some of the runners in our running group without any luck, and before I know it, we are off.

Well, what can I say? We were like little kids in a candy shop!! Photo after photo, kilometre after kilometre. Suddenly the 10km smacks us in the face, and we don't even realise it, we have had so much fun enjoying the scenery, oh, and running over the bridge! Seriously, I am sure we took 50 photos at least!!! The light drizzle didn't bother us, the kilometres just kept ticking over. 


Suddenly, all too suddenly the opera house is in view, and we are down to our final kilometres. I ended up with a total distance of 22.83 kilometres in 2:40, and am stoked!!! We stopped sooo many times, for the loo and photos that the time wasn't even our minds.


Post event; amazing atmosphere 
As we enjoy some much needed food, we sit and chat about 2015's event, and decide, having loved this event so much, the best this year, we decide, wait for it, that we will do it as our first full in 2015!!!!
Crazy, huh, but sitting here deliriously happy overall with the event, and that we have both completed, injury free another half marathon! My 12th for the year!!!! 2 more to go! Phew!!

No comments:

Post a Comment