Sunday 27 April 2014

Brimbank Running Festival

We leave home just after 7am. It is 6 degrees! Luckily we have heated seats and the temperature in the car is 22! We have both used the DoTerra Blue Rub on our legs, it's smell reminds us of deep heat, without the burning and stickiness. Car smells awesome! We drink our TORQ energy drink on the way, not the carbonated drink type. It is a milky type consistency and tastes yum.
Just over an hour later we are driving into Brimbank park, the temperature is 12 degrees and feels like 6 degrees still. We head down to the registration desk, and pick up our bibs. 

We head back to the car, and wait half an hour before start. It's still cold; freezing!!


Just before 9am we head to the start line, and listen to the instructions. We catch up with Paula, one of our running buddies. Before we know it, we are told to start, and we head off. We are not allowed to run with headphones, and I am missing my music already! 

Darren felt the scenery was very picturesque. It was a great scenery run, and was very cautious with his left quad. The DoTerra blue rub worked a treat! No pain at all! He ran wit me most of the run, only up the huge incline did he get so far ahead of me that I couldn't see him.


The scenery was pretty. I stopped a few times and took some photos. There is no point running so fast that you don't enjoy what's around you, that's my take anyway.


The skies had cleared, and weather was amazing!


We were overwhelmed by the size of the Buddha!




The one difference with this run to any others we have done so far was the other runners. Sure, usually a few will say hi or keep going, or well done. But I think most runners that we went past offered encouragement. It was really good comradere. We were also appreciative of the drink stations, tables with lollies, watermelon, chocolate and bananas!  Very well organised run!

As we approach the 16 kilometre mark, that HILL awaited! The incline was tough! It was 313M after all!!! I ran for the most part of it, but by two thirds of the way, I had to walk. The sun was shining down on us, and once I reached the top, I knew there was only a couple of Km's between me and the finish. It's a mind game. Without my music, I had to listen to naure. I did also do a lot of counting.....

1, 2, 1, 2, 1234, etc...
It was great to run through the finish line together!

Our awesome medals to add to our already full medal holders!

No spare space for medals, oh, and my new bike 😃


We didn't break any records today, well maybe elevation. Our goal of finishing without injury reached again. Our next run is next weekend's Puffing Billy run, and on Saturday I'm doing the 19km Hanging Rock run. Stay tuned for more of us, running away xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment