Thursday 17 April 2014

Melanoma March 2014

This is post is not half marathon related, but a cause dear to my heart, as this is the area where my nursing career has lead me to. With no cure for late stage melanoma, I believe we need to be vigilant in the UV rays of the sun, all of us. You can download an app for free, Sunsmart, and it tells you the hours the UV is highest during the day.

Anyway, getting back to the walk itself! we arrive nice and early as I had arranged free sunscreen samples and we help out by putting them into the bags the participants will get at the finish lines there is light drizzle and it matches the mood. I see one of our current patients, and it really hits home, it is an awful diagnosis. After our walk around the Tan track we head home; it's my little piece of paradise, my safe haven.




You can help fight melanoma; Darren and I are riding 200km in October in the Ride to Conquer cancer. We need to raise $5000, $2500 each! I have already achieved my target, but Darren is yet to. If you click on the fundraising post the links are there.

Thanks in advance xx

No comments:

Post a Comment